Our Vision for Students with Exceptional Needs:
All learners are respected and supported to meet their individual potential for a successful future through high quality educational opportunities and dynamic partnerships between educators and families.
We Believe In:
- A welcoming and collaborative approach to partnering with parents, educators and community on behalf of supporting learners with special needs.
- Appropriate programming supports with purposeful goals that are communicated and monitored by high quality learning plans.
- High levels and expectations of learning for all students and access to a quality, appropriate and relevant curriculum.
- Developing and supporting the self-determination and advocacy skills of students.
- Effective collaboration and communication among educators and families in order to problem-solve and make quality decisions on behalf of students.
- The utilization of best-practices, differentiated learning and access to technology for students, based on individualized needs, in the general education classroom and in targeted instructional environments.
- Support and consistency of effective instructional practices from grade level to grade level, and from elementary to secondary school.
- Shared leadership focused on supporting inclusive practice and promoting continuous improvement efforts on behalf of all students.